- What does Schletter do internationally?
- How long has Schletter been in Canada?
- What's the Schletter Philosophy?
- Do all Schletter Products ship from Germany?
- Do I have to buy Schletter products through a distributor?
- Does Schletter have ISO certification?
- How many MW has Schletter installed worldwide?
- Is Schletter a publicly traded company?
- How long has Schletter been in the solar business?
- What makes Schletter different from its competitors and other PV-mounting companies?
- What are Schletter's general office hours?
1. What does Schletter do internationally?
- Employees 1,800 worldwide
- Manufacturing sites:
- Shelby, NC USA
- Tucson, AZ USA
- Windsor, ON Canada
- Shanghai China
- Distribution and service locations
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
2. How long has Schletter been in Canada?
- Operations began in 2010 and currently Schletter Canada engineers, manufactures, and distributes solar mounting systems and products to the Canadian market as a whole.
- Manufacuring Facilities Located In: Windsor, Ontario — 3181 Devon Drive, Windsor, Ontario N8X 4L3
3. What's the Schletter Philosophy?
- Schletter is "Built to SPEQ", meaning everything we build encompasses great: Service, Price, Ease, and Quality.
- We believe in producing high quality products, with as short a turnaround time for our customers as possible – while keeping costs low.
- Schletter knows that by reducing installation time for our customers, this will in turn save them money.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Create local jobs in the communities we manufacture in and sell to.
- Being a part of the renewable energy industry, Schletter believes that responsible manufacturing includes being an energy efficient manufacturer. Our equipment is highly energy efficient.
- Creating a safe, enjoyable work environment for our employees.
4. Do all Schletter Products ship from Germany?
No. Schletter is proud to be a Canadian manufacturer. All of our products are manufactured in Canada and the raw materials we use to produce our steel and aluminum components are sourced in Canada.
5. Do I have to buy Schletter products through a distributor?
No. Schletter does work with distributors but there is no exclusivity of customers to them. Price discounts on products are determined by purchasing quantity of a customer over a certain period of time. To purchase parts online, visit www.secure.schletter.ca
and sign up for a new account.
6. Does Schletter have a ISO certification?
Yes. Schletter is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
7. How many MW has Schletter installed worldwide?
We lost count at some point but running the numbers over the last years we are sure that we have delivered racking material for more than 8 GW of installed solar power.
8. Is Schletter a public traded company?
No. Schletter is privately held and owned.
9. How long has Schletter been in the solar business?
Over 20 years
10. What makes Schletter different from its competitors and other PV-mounting companies?
- Schletter has more than 40 years of experience in aluminum and steel.
- Over 20 years in solar racking business.
- Customization: Schletter will find a way to make solar work for any project.
- Innovation: Over the years our systems have evolved to meet our customer's installation needs, resulting in easy-to-install systems today.
- Thorough and efficient engineering, racks are developed to meet the requirements of almost all modules.
- Pre-assembly of major components.
- End to end engineering on all our systems.
- Testing and finite elements method used on all our components.
11. What are Schletter's general office hours?
Back to Top
- What is included in Schletter pricing?
- What is the warranty on Schletter racking?
- What is the general lead time for Schletter products to arrive on site?
- Does Schletter test the soil of a project to corrosiveness?
- Do I need a special machine to get the FS posts into the ground?
- Does Schletter lease the pile driving machine out to customers and offer training for it?
- Are Schletter engineers capable of recalculating a building to verify whether it is suitable for a PV installation?
- Why does Schletter mainly use aluminum components instead of steel? Is steel more expensive?
- What is the general mounting time of the ground mounted FS System?
- Does Schletter train installation crews on the set up of the racking?
- What is the general lead time to schedule the pull out tests on site?
- What information do I need to submit to receive a quote?
- How do I gain access to the Store & Client Login? What features does it offer?
- Can I buy a single component?
1. What is included in Schletter pricing?
- All the material for the mounting systems as well as the clamping components for the modules.
- Wet stamps on the structural calculations and drawings from a third party structural PE licensed in the state of the project.
- Pre-assembly of major racking components.
2. What is the warranty on the Schletter racking?
We offer a range of limited warranties from 5 to 20 years. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3. What is the general lead time for Schletter products to arrive on site?
Lead times are based on project size and requirements. Please contact Schletter to find out more information for your specific project. For components: order online at www.secure.schletter.ca
and items will typically ship within 24 - 48 hours during the business week.
4. Does Schletter test the soil of a project for corrosiveness?
5. Do I need a special machine to get the FS posts into the ground?
- Not necessarily a special machine as many pile drivers can do the work. However a tool is needed that has the shape of our posts. Our posts have a special shape allowing for secure positioning in the soil and a reduced embedment depth. Whether the GAYK hydraulic ram is used, which Schletter supplies, or another tool, ease of maneuverability throughout the jobsite should be considered. Alternatively, the PVMax System uses concrete footings which sit atop the ground, and do not require pile driving.
- Schletter has a program for renting and purchasing GAYK rams, email email@example.com for a quote.
6. Does Schletter lease the pile driving machine out to customers and offer training for it?
Yes. The GAYK hydraulic ram may be purchased or rented (leased) by customers on a monthly basis, and there is training available for it.
7. Are Schletter engineers capable of recalculating a building to verify whether it is suitable for a PV installation?
Yes. Schletter engineers are capable of recalculating buildings to verify whether it can hold up to the loads of a PV system. However this is an additional charge for the customer. For this we use an independent third party engineer to ensure the accuracy of the calculations by an independent source.
8. Why does Schletter mainly use aluminum components instead of steel? Isn't steel less expensive?
9. What is the general mounting time of the ground mounted FS System?
This depends very much on actual site conditions and the experience of the crew.
10. Does Schletter train installation crews on the set up of the racking?
Yes. There are several ways that we offer to train the installation crews. That can be done at our facility in Windsor, Ontario or we also can come out to the site to set up a couple of racks together with the customer. On larger systems this service is complementary, on small systems we need to charge for this service.
11. What is the general lead time to schedule the pull out tests on site?
We try to be as fast as required in being on site and performing these tests. Maximum lead time will not exceed 2 weeks.
12. What information do I need to submit to Schletter to receive a quote?
- Visit our Request A Quote and complete a project checklist for ground or roof.
13. How do I gain access to the client login? What features does it offer?
The client login is provided for current customers only. To apply, sign up at our Store & Client Portal
. Approval may take up to two business days. The client login contains our residential software calculator, CAD drawings for components, sample drawings, and the Store section allows customers to purchase components online.
14. Can I buy a single component?
Yes. Singular parts can be ordered online by creating an account at www.secure.schletter.ca
or by contacting a sales representative at (519) 946 - 3800. If you are located close to a manufacturing facility, Schletter offers will call for certain components — place your order then stop by the Schletter manufacturing facility to pick up the component.
Back to Top