Careers At Schletter
Some say the sky is the limit. When it comes to your career at Schletter Inc., there are no limits.
Some of the best things about working at Schletter are the open and empowering work environment, work-life balance, ongoing training, and our great company culture. Team member benefits include health and dental insurance, paid time off, a discount meal plan, and a retirement savings plan.
We mentor our team members through education and on-the-job experience. We encourage participation and involvement at all levels of our business. Team expertise is developed by fostering creativity, self-responsibility and self-directed teamwork and by rewarding productivity and performance.
We pride ourselves in helping to develop a clean energy economy that will create more jobs for the many years to come.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
100 MW & Growing! Schletter Inc., is growing rapidly and seeking new talent to join our team!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Career Listings
Director of Engineering
- Director of Engineering reports directly to the General Manager and/or CEO and works closely with members of other departments within the company including finance, sales and marketing. Directly responsible for implementation of engineering department procedures. Supervisor for the engineering and drafting department.
- Supervises all employees of the engineering and drafting department.
- Decides on hire and termination needs in engineering and drafting department.
- Determines training needs in engineering and drafting department.
- Coordinate all structural and geotechnical design aspects of mounting systems.
- Ensure optimal applications of technology and engineering resources to meet product and customer requirements.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to team members, external engineers and customers.
- Develop practical solutions for construction related issues.
- Coordinate schedules of construction and design projects.
- Oversee and aid in the development of new and improved components and products.
- Guide draftsmen, review and approve construction drawings.
- Review third party reports and drawings as well as approve expenditures related to construction operations.
- Attend trade shows and conferences.
- Give presentations and speeches at conferences.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to manage divers, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong operational and project management skills.
- Solid and current understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, financial and sales as related to product design.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural/Geotechnical Engineering.
- 7+ years of progressive professional engineering experience.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
Technical Sales Representative
- As Technical Sales Representatives, individuals will work closely with customers and their regional sales team to grow and promote the sale of Schletter Inc. products. Technical Sales Representatives are the first line of contact with all new customers and along with their regional sales team, Technical Sales Representatives establish and maintain long-term business relationships with new and current customer base.
- Close and grow sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients
- Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
- Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future
- Understand and comply with established guidelines that ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Coordinates company staff to provide exemplary service to customers
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively
- Work with the engineering team to ensure customer project requirements are met
- Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information as required
- Making technical presentations, webinars
- Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information) Attending and participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
- Working knowledge of the design tools and price calculations
- Researches market requirements and market data
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies
- Maintains current Schletter Inc. product knowledge
- Demonstrate and explain best practices in installation techniques for all Schletter Inc. products
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Submit quarterly customer visit plans; schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up
- Send legal documents to customers and send signed copies to HQ for filing
- Is responsible for setting the customer’s expectations
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Technical/engineering background preferred
- Bachelor's degree and/or three to five years of proven sales or marketing experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Strong presentation skills and professional appearance
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver license
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to climb ladders and visit rooftops if required
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Work requires extensive travel to current and potential clients, requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license